ELECTRONICS ENGINEER, JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
- Evaluate prospective sites and advise on making them safe and adequate for the operation of Pemica security equipment.
- Perform technical analysis of equipment faults and provide advice to avoid or reduce the impact of those faults in the future.
- Design and implement predictive maintenance plans for x-ray inspection machines, metal detectors and trace detectors adjusted to the environmental and operation conditions of each piece of equipment, as well as cost-effective procedures for diagnostics and repair of x-ray machines components.
- Design, execute and improve on an ongoing basis procedures for installation, training, and preventive and corrective maintenance of three kinds of equipment: X-ray inspection machines, metal detectors, and trace detectors.
- Discuss project needs of client with General Manager and, once agreed on scope of project, meet as part of technical team to review next steps to get project underway and completed on time and within budget.
- Meet weekly with Business Development Manager and sales staff to ensure all Pemica sales employees understand technical needs of clients and, if needed, have them seek guidance from technical team.
- Participate in reviewing areas where company can expand services and client base by providing technical information and guidance to management team.
- Remain current on all technical developments in the field by reading manuals and trade publications, attending certification trainings and conferences.
- Travel as necessary by car in Central and Northern Florida to visit client sites.
- Travel to meet with technical teams at affiliates in Venezuela, Panama and the Dominican Republic.
- Provide remote technical support to Pemica´s customers or Pemica technical staff to resolve technical issues.
- BA in Electronics Engineering or closely related field. Foreign equivalent acceptable.
- At least 3 years of experience in the job offered or 3 years of engineering experience with Smiths Detection equipment, Marchnetworks, Pelco CCTV Systems and DSX access control systems.
- Must have experience or training with HI-SCAN HITRAX, IONSCAN 500DT, and SABRE 5000.
- Travel by car to visit client sites in Central and Northern Florida every two weeks or as necessary.
- Travel to meet with technical teams at affiliates in Venezuela, Panama, and the Dominican Republican 4 times per year.
841 Prudential Drive,
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Send Resume and cover letter to Carlos Landa, Director of Finance & Accounting
7324 SW 48th Street
Miami, Florida, 33155